09 Aug Swindon Town FC Giant Inflatable Football Shirt
Megaflatables were at Swindon Town FC this week rolling out the 5m high football shirt.
As you can see from the picture, its soooooooo big, no one will ever miss it.
Here are some interesting facts about Swindon’s shirt history
Swindon Town Football Club was founded by Reverend William Pitt of Liddington in 1879.
The team turned professional in 1894 and joined the Southern League which was founded in the same year.
Originally playing in black and white with the addition of blue sash for away games, the club changed to black and red quarters on entry to the Southern League in 1894. The club changed again in 1897 with green shirts, with white sleeves. Town changed their shirts to the more familiar red in 1901. Initially a dark maroon, a lighter shade was chosen for the start of the 1902-03 season and also resulted in the club’s nickname “the Robins” appearing in print for the first time in programme notes for the first game.